Wanna film stunning or produce white and dark sand beaches in the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Coast? Spectacular volcanes, forests plenty of fantastic wildlife and vegetation, green hills and peaks with marvelous views, striking waterfalls, rivers, valleys, plains, wetlands, lakes, hot springs, coffee plantations, underwater life or picturesque towns? What about all these amazing scenery available within a two- to five-hour drive from the capital city? If sound good to you then, Costa Rica is awaiting for your production and we smooth it away for you.
Besides being very popular as an important center of biodiversity and as great ecotourism destination, we are widely known for our strong and continuous democracy, and for investing in education and health the budget previously designated to the military, once the army was abolished in 1949. Unsurprisingly, we were ranked 1st by the Happy Planet Index. (http://happyplanetindex.org) on 2009, 2012 and 2016.
Other interesting facts:
- The temperature averages 22 Celsius in the city and may vary depending on the altitude.
- The daylight goes from 5:30 to 17:45 hours, approximately, the whole year.
- We have just two seasons: dry and rainy season.
- The USD is widely accepted though, our official currency is CRC.
- Filming in Costa Rica is still cheaper than USA and Europe.
- Most foreign people can enter the country for up to 90 days without any VISA.